After completing 1 year of high school, sophomores are now prepared to explore who they are and what they like.
Career & Interest assessments are introduced to help student’s research careers/occupations that best match up with their interests & personality. The PSAT is taken in October which is an excellent opportunity for sophomores to be exposed to a practice SAT. Sophomores are encouraged to attend college fairs to talk with college reps about what it takes to get into college, and academics is always a priority. Sophomores are following their 4-year academic plan and pushing themselves to take Honor’s and/or AP courses to demonstrate their academic strengths. At the end of sophomore year, students have researched college majors that align with their interest assessments and they’ve created a resume. Sophomores are becoming confident on campus and aware of their strengths and weaknesses.
This is a pivotal year in your high school and college prep journey.
Sophomore year, student should:
1. Stick to the 4-year academic plan and complete 1-2 Honor’s and/or AP classes.
2. Take the PSAT (October)
3. Stay involved in campus life….
4. Take an Interest Assessment and a Personality Assessment to gain insight on who you are and what you like. This begins the career exploration process.
5. Visit a college campus and take a tour
6. Create a Resume (K.I.S.S) Keep it Super Simple – include 9th & 10th grade activities, awards, volunteer, community service
You have not selected any offers. To sell your products, please add one or more offers in the admin.